Tribute Pages - Maritime Region

▼

Quebec Region

▼

Ontario Region

▼

Western Canada

▼

Sunday, October 13, 2019

Ed Crombie Born In Williams Lake, British Columbia - October 13, 1945

October 13, 1945
Ed Crombie
(Photo;OldRacingCars.com)
Born in Williams Lake, British Columbia.
Ed was a USAC and Canadian supermodified driver who also flew planes. The former Indycar driver, made four starts, with a best finish of 7th at Mosport in 1977. He failed to qualify for the 1977 Indianapolis 500.







4 comments:

  1. I used to work with a logger named Ed Crombie in Boston Bar many years ago, anybody know if this was the same Ed Crombie?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe he was yes. I am his grand daughter. You most likely worked with my mom, aunty, uncles and other family members.

      Delete
    2. You are 100% correct Ed now lives in Clearwater BC

      Delete
    3. Ed.Crombie's memorial service to be held July 2, 2026 in Grandview Flats. Ed passed away mid June.

      Delete

Please share you thoughts and any stories or photos here or to; canadianautoracing@hotmail.com